Pages - Menu

Friday, July 3, 2009

Holy cow!

It has been like a month and a half since I last updated this blog. Honestly I didn't feel like there was anything worth writing about. Not that my life is not full of adventure or really cool things (I wish); but it's just that I've been focusing on work, training and spending the rest of the time with my family.

We took a pretty cool vacation to Disney World... Well, more than pretty cool; a ROKIN' vacation to DW. We booked it about 2 months in advance and we kept it a secret from the little one until the day before we left. Why you might ask... Simple, have you ever told a 4 year old that you are going somewhere really exciting in a month; only to have them ask you EVERY SINGLE DAY: Are we leaving today?? 4 year olds have no sense of time; at least our 4 year old doesn't. So we chose to keep it a secret. Mind you, I was dying to tell her where we were going. I had been preparing her little by little in conspicuous ways... Say, Would you like to go to DW one day? (while looking at DW pictures on the computer)... You get my drift.

The night we told her was priceless. When we broke the news she covered her mouth with one hand, her eyes opened as big as I have ever seen them and she said: Oh my gosh! The look in her eyes... Man, I live for this stuff. Making your children happy is the best feeling in the world!

The trip went without a hitch. I asked coach for a smaller "load" of training; since I wanted to fully focus this time on being a family. With IM training looming in the horizon and all the countles hours I will spend away from home I wanted this to be all about my daughter, my husband and the 3 of us as a family unit. We had a blast. We rode rides, we ate junk food, we swam in the pool (ok splashed around), we had breakfast with the princesses, we filled out an outograph books and we took more pictures that I will even be able to print. And yes, we spoiled her rotten. It is hard not to when you are in this magical place, you know?

Upon our return, work slammed me hard. Deadlines, requests, things I had never seen/done before; a very bumpy 2 day trip to Chicago. Somehow I pulled it off.

Training has been going well. The past 2 weeks were "adaptation" after vacation and this week is rest/test week. I am only testing in 2 sports this time. Run and bike. Wednesday was my run test. It hurt like a mother effer; but I am super pleased with my results. Let's just say I held a pace I never thought I'd be able to hold. Yes, I thought I was dying while I was running at that pace; but 3 months ago, I thought I was dying when I was running a pace 30 seconds slower. So I call that progress.

Tomorrow is my bike test; and oddly enough I am really looking forward to it. Biking is my favorite and I want to keep getting better and better at it.

Ironman build starts on Monday and seeing my schedule on Training Peaks makes me excited/nervous at the same time. It is all becoming so real, you know? It seems like it was yesterday that I signed up for the race and here it is, July already, and there are a mere 4 months to go. It's coming and I am ready (OK not yet, but I will be)!

No comments:

Post a Comment