Pages - Menu

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mid week check!

Well, it is not exacly mid week; but it's as close as it's going to get.

Training has been going well; not superb, not bad; I am getting the work done. Week one of IM build found me with the lovely company of "Aunt Flo" and that ALWAYS makes me drag and feel out of sorts. I am a bit tired but nothing a few more hours of sleep this coming weekend won't fix.

I have also been paying close attention to my nutrition and logging in my food intake on an online tool. I think I have been doing well in that regard too. With the exception of yesterday.

Yesterday was a "special" day since I went to lunch with a woman I met at my last OWS. It turns out she is training for IMFL too and lives close to my house! I have not trained with people for a very long time and this is a much welcome change. Anywho, we got together to talk about training, triathlon, injuries and all that goes along with being an athlete. Even though we met at a healthy place, you never know exactly what is IN the food they make. So all I could do is guess amounts and nutritional values based on what I saw my food contained. I did not go crazy and ate like a mad woman; but I did not act all concerend about it. I tried to keep it as natural as possible. And I think I did well.

Today I am working from home and the best thing about it (besides being able to wear my pjs all day) is that I get to watch "le tour" as it is happening. Yay Versus!!!!

Tonight I have a bike ride with some hill repeats thrown in there for some flavor. I think I have pictured what hills I will be riding, but it will all depend on how traffic is behaving. The ONE thing I need to work on as far as bike handling skills go; is making U turns. I am SO scared of them that each time I have to do one I end up unclipping and turning my bike around. Silly, I know, but the last time I attempted a U turn fully clipped in I ended up falling off my bike and having a bruise/ bump the size of a watermelon on my left butt cheek. Thanks, but no thanks.

And that is how my week is going so far. A couple of more days and then the weekend is here; which will bring me an OWS and a 4 hour bike ride. It is time to start building my endurance back up. I am armed with a new nutrition plan (thanks Cat!) and I am ready to give it a go.

Let's get this show on the road!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it is going well! Yay! I would imagine I'm not going to be too far behind you on starting to pick up the volume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the U-turns. I HAVE to get out and practice that one the tri bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like training is going great. I find when I make a u-turn, I unclip my inside foot to help with balance and in case I do need to quickly land on my foot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds exciting! Didn't realize you were training for IMFL!!! We have 10 peeps from our club going down to race it -- some have done it already but a first for the others. Hubby & I might come down to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete