Pages - Menu

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Change of plans

After much deliberating and a couple of good talks with Coach, we have decided that I would take the month of december off.

The past couple of weeks, I have been sick on and off. Cold, sore throat, sinus infection. I had them all. The body really took a heavy toll after all of these... And it needs rest.

It's not that I am not going to do "anything", I will be trying to get more muscular and lean; but I won't be "killing" myself or feel pressured about anything on the schedule. 

I am still undecided about the 1/2 marathon. A part of me wants to do it; because I know that even though I won't be able to go for my "dream goal" of under 2 hours I will be able to set a PR. I am in much better shape than last year. The other part thinks that I should take the entire month off, to properly re-energize myself with the want/need to swim/bike/run. Know what I mean?

So I guess I will play it by ear and see how I feel as the weeks progress. I will try to keep you all posted; but my life is not THAT exciting when you take training out of the equation.

Hope everyone is starting to get into the holiday spirit. We have started already, the tree is up; the Elf on the Shelf has appeared (he is one of Santa's helpers that comes and stays with us until Christmas, leaving every night to fly to the North Pole to report how Megan has been behaving), and Megan keeps repeating that we have to wait until Christmas to see the snow... 

Who knows? Maybe this year we will have a white Christmas in the Carolinas, and it will be her dream come true...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan to take some time off... esp before you start training for an IM. Motivation and feeling good will help you be successful in that journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH good girl...you will LOVE the time off and your body will love you back! Enjoy! I took off nearly 4 weeks and feel great now! :) Jen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy the rest and come back stronger than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the RIGHT thing to do! Take the time off and let your body heal and relax. You'll be so much stronger and healthier when it comes time to train again! I LOVE the Elf idea - I can't stop laughing. Its great!

    Feel better - I'm sending California good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a solid plan. I have been holding off any serious training until I am 100%.

    ReplyDelete