Pages - Menu

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

P90x

There is one word that sums it all up: OUCH!

So, ever since I said I was going to take the month of december off, I have done anything BUT take days off from working out.

I had been eyeing this workout program for a while but knew I would not be able to do it properly if I mixed it with the regular triathlon training. So, given the fact that I am taking december off as far a triathlon goes, I decided to give it a go. 

Husband has done it already and he had some really amazing results. He lost a whole bunch of weight, and got super ripped! Granted, he had a good "base" to begin with; but this took him to the next level... And you will have to take my word on that; but let's just say that the eyes are very pleased :) 

So this past saturday, I committed to the program for the first 4 weeks. I will follow the training and eating plan; see where that takes me as far as getting lean and strong, and if it is something I like doing, then I will try to incorporate the weight training into my tri training routine once I start back up in January. 

Did I get you confused by my use of the word training about 28 hundred times in the preceding paragraph? Because I just re-read it and got confused myself... Oh well, moving on.

I am 5 days into the first week of training and as I have stated above OUCH. I have muscles in places I didn't even know I had and I have spent the past 2 days trying not to cry every time I went up and down steps; or stood up from my chair at work to visit the bathroom for the millionth time. 

But I guess this pain is good, right? It means that I am actually getting some results... After all the phrase does say "No pain, no gain", right? RIGHT?

6 comments:

  1. RIGHT!

    Oh, so can't wait to see how it works out for you!!! I'm asking for it for Christmas. The BF and I are SOOOOO excited about it. You should take pictures to document your progress at least for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Take before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one tough girl! Did you take a before pic so you can admire how far you've come?

    Rock solid by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds just like me :-) LOL... I am taking today off so I can at least have a few muscles with which to run the pitch this weekend for soccer games. Now, I need to decide if I am going to start over, pick up where I left off, or just start at week 2 on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you doing? Is that the body fit for life program or something? Now all you need is a tan to pose for before and after photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is this P90x? it sounds sooo mysterious?!?!? but i agree that you do need pictures, you always need pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete