Pages - Menu

Monday, April 14, 2008

IronMeg!!!! and other random things

One of the bloggers that I read frequently, Meg, became an Ironman yesterday at IMAZ! You should stop over by her blog and congratulate her!
After reading about her experience I realized I REALLY want to do one! Even though I am scared of the water start with all 2000 people in it, even though I am afraid of getting swum over, and kicked and punch. Even though I have never run 26.2 miles, let alone doing it after riding for 112... But with the proper training and dedication and the help of my coach; one day I will become one. This I know for sure.

I had a bike workout scheduled for today. I got up this morning at 5 am, changed clothes, took a sip of water, put on my contacts and jumped right onto my trainer. It was a zone 1-2 ride, with some intervals for building leg strength. For a portion of the intervals I needed to stand up to pedal. I know how to pedal standing up... outside, when the bike is actually moving and there is some give on each side (bike can rock a little bit), but doing this on the trainer seemed weird and even dangerous. I kept thinking I was going to fall to the side, hit my head or break and arm or something. I am new to this trainer thing. I barely got it last monday, so I was not sure what to expect. 

The first interval was interesting, I managed to keep my HR in check until I had to stand up, and then I lost it! My HR jumped all the way to zone 3... almost 4. So I sat down. I figured keeping the HR in check was more important than pedaling standing up. Truth be told I did not ask my coach about this... note to self: send Liz an email....

Interval number 2 found me not being afraid of falling anymore as I had already attempted to stand up with successful results once before (well kind of successful). So I tried to focus on keeping the HR low. I managed to do ok, but there was still some more room for improvement.

Interval #3 was the one that I was finally able to conquer the task at hand. Hooray for me! I know this might seem silly to a lot of you, but it felt good to figure out what the best way to do the drill was.

After the workout, I showered, got Megan ready for school and after a protein drink and a banana we all left for the day. Work was work, long day and sort of frustrating; but you learn to deal. It is now 9 pm and I am ready for bed!

I have a swim scheduled for tomorrow, and wednesday and masters on thursday (my first time attending. Coach wants me to swim all strokes and I only know 2 or 3. Should be interesting) I will let you know how sore my arms are on friday.

Once again Congrats to IRONMEG!!!!!! You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment