Pages - Menu

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meet my coach ....

Well, it is official. I start training with a coach tomorrow. 
I am both nervous and excited. It is a huge step on my commitment to the sport and I am so very ready to take this step. It is also different from everything I have done before. I used to train with a group, I used to rely on others to pull me through tough workouts. And now, even though I will have my coach (the E.L.F.)to provide the guidance I need;  I will only have myself to get me through the training hours. That is exciting and scary all at once. But my mind is ready. My body is ready. I have been doing the same "routine" at the gym week after week for the whole winter. All because I had no plan. Now I have a plan. And I have goals (note the s at the end of the word to denote plural). I also have a few races in mind, and other fun events. I will post the links to those races later on, as I have not finalized the schedule yet. But I will tell you that I will be attempting to go long...  How long?
After thinking about it thoroughly, I have decided that this is the year I will do a Half IM. It seems like a natural progression. My first season I did a sprint, my second season I did a sprint and an Oly... My third season I will do a bunch of sprints, an Oly and a Half IM.  Seems only natural, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment