Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here comes 2009... oh no, wait... it's already here!

Wow, 2008 is over. Done. Finished. Left behind.

I'd be lying if I said I did not enjoy it. It was quite the roller coaster ride. Lots of changes, good news, bad news, new friendships, rekindling old friendships, connecting with people, feeling disconnected from the world.

I saw a big change happen within myself. I saw my true colors. Did I like all of them? Not necessarily. But I am embracing this discovery. Accepting it. 

2008 saw me make a big commitment to the sport of triathlon. It was the year I realized I am truly passionate about it, the year I discovered I want to be GOOD at it, the year when I realized that the training is more than half the fun, the year when I signed up for my first Ironman.

2008 helped me realize that people are not indestructible, even the ones we always thought were made of steel. It helped me figure out that all it takes is determination and a strong will to get rid of a bad habit (Dad, I am so PROUD of you for quitting smoking). It helped me make peace with myself; with who I am.

2008 was a great year; full of growth & self discovery. I could not have asked for more.

2009 is here now, and I have a feeling it is going to be even BETTER than 2008. There is much more to be discovered, more adventures to be had, more love to be given.

I hope 2009 finds all of you in good health and excellent spirits. I am expecting another roller coaster ride; after all, that is life. 

Wanna come along?


4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! Happy New Year Danni! You will find out many more things about yourself on the path to Iron!

    May 2009 be beyond your expectations for you, hubby, and that beautiful little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! It was awesome meeting you and hanging out during IM Florida! That will be YOU next year! THIS year (oops, my first 2008/2009 blunder). You are so incredibly strong and have so much to look forward to! It's gonna be one heck of a year, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to 2009!

    See you in Florida!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2009 is going to be an amazing year. I am on my journey to my first iron man as well. It will be great following your journey

    ReplyDelete