Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Without a title...

The week came and went. Full of training hours, work hours and mommy hours. I had some hard training sessions and some not as hard. Some breakthrough moments and some regular moments. I guess what I am trying to say is that this week was just an average one at best. Coach was on vacation, so I was more lax on updating my training peaks account. Not as detailed if you would... 
Didn't really had the energy to update blog world so I neglected it until I found the energy... I am almost there my friends. 
My body is tired, I am glad this coming week is both rest and taper week. I have an olympic next saturday and I am hoping I can accomplish some of my goals.
Yesterday I had a good training day. There was an open water swim at one of the local lakes, and I got to swim a mile. I wanted to break 40 minutes (yes,  I am still slow), but I sort of panicked the during the first lap around and ended up side stroking more than I would have liked. I came out of the water in 40:11, still good (my previous 1 mile open water was 42 and change) but not as good as I would have wanted it. I did however, identify some things I was doing wrong, and some other things I was doing right, so I will be implementing the good ones during my race next weekend.
Speaking of the race, I know Wes and Deedee will be there, as well as Ashley; so I am hoping I get to meet some of our fellow bloggers. That would be TONS of fun. Once again I am going solo. It is about a 3 hour drive from home, so I will be attempting to take a 1/2 day from work on friday to get there and do some driving around the course, as well as getting my race packet.  It will be a wetsuit swim, my favorite (not really); so I will be able to use my suit for the second time :) I just hope I do not feel like it's trying to choke me and that it does aid me on becoming more streamlined, hence faster.
I picked up a book on swimming... Total Immersion it's called... Apparently it will "revolutionize" the way I swim.. Honestly, at this point I will try anything to make me swim more efficiently. I will report on how it works after I read it and put it into practice.
For now my friends, I am going to go rest for a bit. I have been feeling less than stellar since last night, and I better recoup before Husband leaves for work this afternoon.
Laters!

2 comments:

  1. LOL on updating Training Peaks. Coach emailed me last night to ask how training was going cause I had only updated one entry! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

    Your swim is coming along nicely!! 40 minutes or less for a mile is right where I want to be as well . . . who cares how slow as long as you continue to improve right?

    Total Immersion saved triathlon for me btw. After reading "Triathlon Swimming Made Easy" (early last season) I learned how to balance properly and make it across the pool without gasping for air. Had I not found that book when I did I would have quit.

    Best of luck next week I'm sure you will do GREAT! Can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I'm with you on the swim stuff. The saddle I'm trying is the Forte T1 from Performance Bike. A friend recommended it, so I thought I'd give it a shot. More padding than I'm used to, but maybe that will be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete