Pages - Menu

Sunday, May 18, 2008

What not to do when you wake up with a fever on saturday morning

1) Do not get out of bed and change into your bathing suit to go open water swimming.

2) Do not take Tylenol so the fever goes away for a while so you can get to said open water swim.

3) Do not drive 1 hour to arrive at the lake for the open water swim.

4) Do not swim in the open water even if you are feeling good.

5) Do not ride your bike for 18 miles after the swim.

6) Do not run for 30 minutes after you get off the bike.

Why? Because after the adrenaline stops pumping through your body, and the Tylenol has worn out... You will have an even higher fever, be achy all the way around, and will want to sleep for hours... Only problem will be, you are feeling so miserable, you can't even fall asleep. And that my friends is what my saturday looked like. 

I think I learned my lesson.

2 comments:

  1. What a monster workout! Do you have a race coming up?

    Hope you feel better soon and back to 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you learned a big lesson! Way to tough it out though...I'm super impressed. I can't imagine how bad that sucked. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete