Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm Back! (sort of)

A lot of water has gone under the bridge around our household; plenty of change has come and stayed. And we could not be happier. First and most important of all is the fact that the family is EXPANDING! Yes, soon we will be parents of not one, but two children. How is that for a change?!

After Ironman last year, I was extatic. The race was everything I had dreamed of. I had never in a million years thought I would be capable of pulling such an amazing feat; heck 6 years ago I was not even a regular exerciser! But after Megan was born something changed in me and the athlete was born (yes, even though I am no elite, I proudly consider myself an athlete). I wanted to be able to show her that no matter the difficulty of the task at hand; if you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything you want. In the process I discovered myself, my true passion, and that allowed me to fiercely fight for things in other aspects of my life. And things have been changing ever since. I am now as happy as I have ever been. My family is the best, I am still in love with the sport and I am finally in a good place at work; so much so that I am not dreading having to get up and go to work every morning, I found my niche, what I am good at and I am showing people what good things I can bring to the table. Is it all peachy? Not all the time! But whose life is?

After Ironman, Todd and I sat and talked long and hard about our family. Where we were and where we wanted to be. A long time ago, we had tried having a second child, but my body did not want to cooperate, and I dug myself into this big depressing hole. Things were not working the way we wanted them, my body was refusing to do what it was supposed to do. And that is when I found Coach (who is not coaching me at the time, but with whom I can't wait to work with again) and I took my fitness to the next level. It was then we decided one child was enough. And for the longest time we stuck to it. Megan was all we could handle, and we each had some personal goals that needed to be accomplished; it was our "selfish" time. So we settled with being a family of 3. Fast forward to post Ironman. We were in a good place, mentally, physically, emotionally. We had accomplished what we had set out to do. And we were ready. Ready to take on another challenge, to give expanding our family another try. And you know what? This time it worked! The stars aligned, the planets cooperated, and my body did what it needed to do.

We are curerntly in the final stretch, and are patiently (some better than others) waiting for this little dude:



It has been a whirlwind. Lots of ups and downs. Have I enjoyed the ride so far? For the most part. There are a lot of things I thought would be different/easier with this pregnancy and I had a pretty rough wake up call when most of them did not work the way I anticipated them. But I am still here, and I am still moving forward.
Hopefully, I will be able to put the feelings into words and share them with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your blog is back, Dani!

    Enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy. Can't wait to see pics of new little one!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete