Pages - Menu

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rest Week!!!

There is not much to report in my world. This was a rest week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After the meltdown from last weekend; my body and my head needed an extra easy week. My schedule said to move things or cut them short if I needed it; and trust me, I did.

The bad sunburn from saturday's race made it very hard for me to even put work clothes on; so I didn't even try to put on my bathing suit to go to the pool. So the week was spent among work, yoga, a run and a ride. Since I did not run the Half marathon during the race las weekend; Liz said that my legs would probably recover quicker than if I had ran it. And she was right! But then again; she knows this sh!t so why would she not be right?

I had quite a few talks with Liz about the last race. What went wrong, how can I improve. And I think I know exactly when my race was done; the exact moment that my head went south (and my body followed suit). I am vowing to never let that happen again.

In a sense it is good that this happened now. You see, ever since I started triathlon, my races have been getting better and better. Each race has been a PR, each of them an improvement. In a way, I think I had been spoiled. I was never upset about any of my races. I always did better than I expected. This time around was different. I think I might have gone into the race a little bit TOO confident; cocky if you will. And I paid the price. I now know how it feels to have blown a race. To have worked hard for something you really wanted; just to let it slip from your hands by poorly executing the plan.

It took me all week to finaly feel "at peace" with this. I accomplished that while at hot yoga on saturday morning. (on a side note, I LOVE hot yoga, you should try it). And now I am ready to move on.

Rest week has been awesome; a much needed break. It is amazing how a rested body wants to get going again! Can't wait for monday!

1 comment:

  1. ENJOY your rest week!! And, ONWARD I always say....the race results do not define us, it is what we learn and take away that do. :))

    ReplyDelete