Pages - Menu

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My first blog!!!!

This is my first blog post ever. After reading many triathlon blogs I decided to start my own. I am not training for anything in particular this season. Can't decide on what to focus.
I have not done a lot of triathlons, just 3 of them in 2 years. I started with a sprint distance on my first year, that I repeated on my second season, followed by an olympic distance race. 
Three years ago, I would have laughed in your face if you told me you were training for a marathon. I actually remember going past a "Run for your life" store here in North Carolina, and I remember turning to my husband and saying... "Yeah.. right"... Well, fast forward 6 months and there I was participating in my first 1/2 marathon. 
It all started as a dare to myself, kind of, "lets see if I can do this thing". I was also new to this town and the idea of a running group where I could make friends sounded great... Not only I would get fit, but I would also exercise my social "muscle"... 
Well, I got fit alright.. and then I became addicted. I kept running. And then signed up for a triathlon training program at the local YMCA. For someone like me (not very active at the time) it seemed like a long shot. But with the proper support from the coaches and fellow athletes, the journey was wonderful and the end result was empowering. When I finished that race I was busting with pride. I had proved to myself that if I set my mind to something, I can accomplish it. 
Goals for this season? I have not set any yet. I am trying to keep fit, so when I finally decide what races to sign up for, focusing on those won't be as hard on the body...
Life is a big balancing act for me (well, I guess it is for anybody). I am a wife, a mother and also hold a full time job as an accountant. 
I have come a long way since I moved to the US almost 6 years ago and I still have a LONG way to go.
This is my journey, you can come along for the ride if you want....

No comments:

Post a Comment