Pages - Menu

Monday, December 23, 2013

Did that just happen? Thoughts on becoming a brand ambassador

OK, just go ahead and pinch me.. Did this really happen? Did I really get selected to be a part of an ambassador team?? How did this happen? I mean, yes, I sent the application; but I thought FOR SURE I would not get selected. I do not lead an exciting lifestyle, I am not a top speed athlete, and honestly last season was one of my worst in my whole triathlon "career". As you could have probably guessed by reading the above lines, I am my worst critic and usually struggle with my own self acceptance and self worth (not to mention my social interactions). So, to say I was SHOCKED when I got the email from the company's founder/owner welcoming me to the Ambassador team; is a severe understatement.

But then something magical happened. Receiving that email, made me realize/believe, that I am indeed worthy. Despite hearing from my family members how awesome they think I am and how proud they are of me, having someone from the "outside" put this kind of trust in you... is well, just empowering; and i n my case can be the catalyst of change. I know it might sound silly, or even sad; but that email sparked a whole new level of commitment to myself, to the sport and the brand I will be representing. 

A commitment to try my hardest at being the best I can be. A commitment to not being so harsh on myself. A commitment to stop trying to be perfect. A desire to open myself up and connect. It is time to stop being fearful and start being a little more daring. 

What brand will I be proudly representing? Coeur Sports. "What is Coeur Sports?" you might ask. Well let me tell you! It was founded by Kebby Holden, who after being in endurance sports for 10 years could not find a race kit that was actually cute or that fit well. So she set out to design the best looking, best fitting, most comfortable and most functional line of clothing for the female endurance athlete. Their kits are absolutely gorgeous! They come in a variety of patterns and colors.. the red one being my most favorite ;-)

But what struck me the most about the brand, is the message behind the name. 

"Coeur is French for heart & the root of the word courage. And that’s what we put into our collections and our sport. As an athlete, you know that athletic performance is about so much more than genetic talent. Its also about heart. Heart is about digging deep and being mentally tough. Heart is what gets you to the finish line when all the body wants to do is lay down.  Heart is at the center of the community and the friendships you find in sport. Heart is what makes you give back to the community that has given you so much. the  Everything we do at Coeur - from our designs to how we play a role in our community - should reflect our values and how we aim to conduct ourselves. This is one of driving factors that led us to our decision to give 1% of each of our sales to the Challenged Athletes Foundation."
I am so excited to have the opportunity to be a part of the 2014 Coeur Ambassador team. 2014 will be a great year, I can already feel it. Bring it!

6 comments:

  1. Felicitaciones Dannus!!! Que bueno que por fin llegó el reconocimiento q necesitabas para recobrar la confianza en vos misma y tomar un nuevo envion! Beso gigante, te quiero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So excited to be teammates in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Kelly said!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation! I'm so excited to be your teammate too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Excited to be teammates this coming year and following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumped to be a part of the Coeur family with you! Cannot wait to see what 2014 brings!

    ReplyDelete