Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Challenges

To say that the past couple of week have been hard would be the understatement of the year. Life, more particularly work, has thrown me a couple of wicked wrenches and I am having a hard time coping.
I used to believe I was the queen of adaptation, heck, I even left everything that was known to me to take a wild shot a new life when coming to the US; and I succeeded. So, I thought change didn't phase me as much. I guess I just got too comfortable in my own situation; work was going great, family was balanced (not that we didn't have any challenges), the year of Ironman was off to a good training start.
Enter, mid April and the biggest wrench of them all. I am not going to go into too many details, in case someone that should not be reading this blog, reads it; but work got changed 100%. All those people that had said they had our backs, let us down and my entire team got put in one of the most difficult situations we have ever had to encounter. Little by little, career hopes are being squashed, management styles are clashing, and the team is slowly but surely getting decimated. We had one of the best teams, many people told us so; and now we are struggling to keep our spirits high and to keep ourselves positive.
With all that has been going on training has been suffering. When life situations are super stressful, I find I cannot make everything happen the way I like to. Something's got to give to make sure I am able to preserve my sanity and some resemblance of good health.
I am still fully committed to my Ironman goals, but sometimes I question how the heck I am going to get through the big weeks of training. I know I have pulled it off before and experience would say I should be able to do it again; but the wondering is there. One thing is for sure, I will not know until I am in the midst of it.
All I can do is take it one day at a time and do the best I can each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment