Pages - Menu

Monday, October 18, 2010

Goals

The time keeps ticking and little by little we are getting closer to my due date. I am so ready for this little guy to get here! It has been a tough journey, a little tougher than I remember it being with my first child; but I am ready to welcome Baby K to the world and get working on becoming my old self again.


With that in mind I decided to put some of my bigger goals out there for the universe to know. So here it goes…

It is no secret that pregnancy adds weight to your frame. At this point I have stopped counting how many lbs I have gained (let’s just leave it at a LOT), but I am painfully aware of the toll this has taken on my body. My goal is that by the time I am one year post partum I will have lost the weight I put on during this pregnancy. The last thing I did before I got pregnant was train for ironman; and while that was hard, I did end up with an extra 10 lbs, so I am adding those lbs to the amount I want to lose. How am I going to do this? I have already enlisted the help of a nutritionist; and we are just waiting for me to give birth, come back home and “settle” some before we start the work

I am planning to keep a detailed journal, not only of the food I eat, but also of how I feel. When my first child was born I had a big case of the baby blues; and I want to keep a close look on that this time around. Postpartum depression scares me; and I want to make sure I do NOT go there.

I plan on returning to workouts as soon as I can; so next year I can have a nice triathlon season. I know it will take work to get to where I was; but I will work extra hard to get there. Part of working with the nutritionist is not just to lose the weight; but it is also related to my sports performance. I still want to be “good” at the sport; and the fact that I will have 2 kids instead of one; only means I will have to get better at being organized. I will continue to work full time; and I have already lined up daycare for Baby K; so that I can return to the gym/pool as soon as I get back to work. Why not before? Because Baby K will be too young to be left at the gym’s daycare center; so while I will be working on my bike/run fitness; my swim fitness will have to wait until I go back to work.

On the more “vain” side of things (as if losing the weight and gaining fitness were not vain enough); I am planning on a total overhaul of my “style”. What do I mean by this? I want to look at myself everyday when I go into work and feel like I look professional. Right now (and before getting pregnant) you could say I look frumpy… I have zero style, and I want to change that. I like my job a lot and I think I can have a strong career; but I need to look the part if I want to get it, don’t you think? I also want to look more like a “girl” during the weekends. I am all for comfort; but I am determined to find a happy medium. My weapon of choice??? Shopping at Athleta.com. Now that is a store that will break my bank any day.
I know I “plan” on a lot of stuff; and that the going might get rough with a newborn and all; but I am determined. And if I have proved something to myself over the years is that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I have no doubt you can achieve all your goals with your hard work and determination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and attainable goals - I'm working on looking less frumpy too. :)

    ReplyDelete